Ascii is usefull.
prev | up |
- Network-righteous (no NUXI)
- Sorted lists allow for hash-like processing with some cost
- Also allow for insert-remaining sorted
- Consider small file-legacy with periodic merge.
- Easily editable
- Tends to self-documenting
- Is the natural encoding for (english) strings.
- Can be made multi-user-safe with locking.
- Dumper solutions for persistence
- Data::Dumper for perlish ascii files
- XML::Dumper for more cross-language selections.
- Dumper solutions go best with reflection (Perl, Python and tcl, Java 1.1 have this: what about Basic?)
- Can use "bag on the side" (indexes; various pre-processing hacks.)
- Very useful to be able to drop the bags cleanly without impact on correctness.